Last week, the DICOM Working Group 6 (WG-06) met again and approved a single supplement and various correction items (CPs) for “final text”. The previous meeting of WG-06 (Base Standard) was in May this year.
Here is the list of supplements and a selection of correction items that were approved after DICOM 2016c has been released:
- Supplement 121: CT Protocol Storage
- CP 1418: Add UDI (Universal Device ID) to objects
- CP 1567: Update language code RFC
- CP 1568: Remove arbitrary default value for limit in QIDO result set
- CP 1573: Add definition of Code String
- CP 1575: Add Purpose of Reference for Source Instance Sequence
- CP 1582: Add STOW-RS support for consumer media types
A complete list of correction items that were approved can be found on David Clunie’s “DICOM Standard Status” page. This web page also includes links to the original documents that are stored on the NEMA ftp server.
We have taken the opportunity to update the current development version of the DCMTK again regarding the data dictionary (DICOM attribute tags) and the list of known UIDs (Storage and other SOP Classes). We have also updated the implementation of Context Group 5000 (Languages) since the Coding Scheme changed with CP 1567.
Now, after DICOM 2016d has been released, the DCMTK has also been updated regarding the automatically generated data dictionary, code definitions and context group classes.
Details on the outcome of the WG-06 meeting are also available in the current issue of the DICOM News.