A few days ago, the 2018b edition of the DICOM standard has been made available on the NEMA server. Compared to the previous edition from February this year, 2 supplements and 20 correction items (CPs) have been incorporated. The standard text now consists of almost 6,100 pages (PDF version).
The supplement and a selection of the correction items are:
- Supplement 204: TLS Security Profiles
- Supplement 205: DICOM Encapsulation of STL Models for 3D Manufacturing
- CP 1650: Extend User Identity Sub-Item to support web tokens
- CP 1702: Update DICOM to reflect changes in IHTSDO SNOMED CT-DICOM Subset for JUL 2017 INT Release
- CP 1713: More compact use of Per-Frame Functional Group Macros in Non-Sparse VL Whole Slide Microscopy Image IOD
- CP 1727: Remove unnecessary Relationship Content Constraints (from Radiation Dose SR IODs)
- CP 1734: Add performing roles for research to DICOM SR person observer context
- CP 1739: Breast Imaging Report Template overview incomplete and missing observer context at top level
The complete list of correction items incorporated and an overview of the changes to the existing 21 (19) parts of the DICOM standard can be found in the official release notes. Details on the changes from the previous edition are shown highlighted in the files with the word “changes” in the filename, which are also referenced on David Clunie’s “DICOM Standard Status” page.
As always, we have updated the DCMTK for the latest changes to the DICOM standard. That means, the data dictionary, the list of SOP Class and Transfer Syntax UIDs as well as the Directory Record Types are again up-to-date, i.e. conform to the current status of the standard text. Also the the Code definitions of the supported Coding Schemes and the supported Context Group classes from DICOM part 16 (Content Mapping Resource) have been updated.