A few days ago, the 2016e edition of the DICOM standard has been made available on the NEMA server. Compared to the previous edition from September this year, 2 supplements and 20 correction items (CPs) have been incorporated. The standard text now consists of 5,740 pages (PDF version).
The supplements and a selection of the correction items are:
- Supplement 169: Simplified Adult Echocardiography Report
- Supplement 195: HEVC/H.265 Transfer Syntax
- CP 1578: Correct Pulse Sequence Name in MR Image Library
- CP 1579: Clarify explanation of heading conditions in Measurement template
- CP 1584: Allow Palette Color in Parametric Map
- CP 1591: Allow multiple finding sites for single regions of interest in measurement templates and segmentations
- CP 1595: Add Content Labels for Raw Data
- CP 1601: Add Graphic Group Module in Planar MPR VPS
The complete list of correction items incorporated and an overview of the changes to the existing 20 (18) parts of the DICOM standard can be found in the official release notes. Details on the changes from the previous edition are shown highlighted in the files with the word “changes” in the filename, which are also referenced on David Clunie’s “DICOM Standard Status” page.
As always, we have updated the DCMTK for the latest changes to the DICOM standard. That means, the data dictionary, the list of SOP Class and Transfer Syntax UIDs as well as the Code definitions and Context Group classes are up-to-date, i.e. conform to the current status of the standard text. Also the list of supported Structured Reporting (SR) document types in the “dcmsr” module has been extended accordingly. And finally, “dcmrt” has been updated again: it is now based on DICOM 2016e.