Today, a new development snapshot of the DCMTK has been made available. This is the seventeenth snapshot after the official release of version 3.6.0. As always, we have updated the code for the latest changes to the DICOM standard. That means, the data dictionary, the list of SOP Class and Transfer Syntax UIDs as well as the Code definitions and Context Group classes are up-to-date, i.e. based on the current edition of the standard text (DICOM 2016d).
These are the main changes of this snapshot:
- Added new module “dcmpmap” for Parametric Maps (Supplement 172).
- Provides a dedicated API to create and read Parametric Map objects.
- Also enhanced the underlying base modules “dcmiod” and “dcmfg”.
- Updated automatically generated classes of module “dcmrt” (as announced earlier).
- Further enhanced DICOM Structured Reporting (SR) module “dcmsr“.
As usual, we have also fixed a number of issues that were detected after the publication of the previous version. All details on what has changed can be found in the corresponding CHANGES file. If you are interested in the differences on a source code level, please check the web interface of our public git repository.