A few days ago, the 2019b edition of the DICOM standard has been made available on the NEMA server. Compared to the previous edition from February this year, 2 supplements and 18 correction items (CPs) have been incorporated. The standard text now consists of more than 6,500 pages (PDF version).
The supplements and a selection of the correction items are:
- Supplement 183: PS3.18 Web Services Re-Documentation
- Supplement 203: Thumbnail Resources for DICOMweb
- CP 1766: Extend Original Attributes Sequence
- CP 1770: Add more compression information to X-Ray Radiation Dose SR
- CP 1843: JPEG-LS Planar Configuration constraints conflict with WSI, US, VL, Enhanced Color MR and compressed RGB images
- CP 1847: Restrict future VRs to only upper case letters
- CP 1850: Change old RT-style SNOMED IDs to CT-style Concept IDs
- CP 1851: Add length of encapsulated document when not even
The complete list of correction items incorporated and an overview of the changes to the existing 21 (19) parts of the DICOM standard can be found in the official release notes. Details on the changes from the previous edition are shown highlighted in the files with the word “changes” in the filename, which are also referenced on David Clunie’s “DICOM Standard Status” page.
As always, we have updated the DCMTK for the latest changes to the DICOM standard. That means, the data dictionary, the list of SOP Class and Transfer Syntax UIDs as well as the Directory Record Types are again up-to-date, i.e. conform to the current status of the standard text. Also the the Code definitions of the supported Coding Schemes and the supported Context Group classes from DICOM part 16 (Content Mapping Resource) have been updated. This time, also the SR Template classes have been updated to reflect the change from SNOMED RT codes to SNOMED CT codes introduced with CP-1850.