Last month, the 2017b edition of the DICOM standard has been made available on the NEMA server. Compared to the previous edition from March this year, 4 supplements and 26 correction items (CPs) have been incorporated. The standard text now consists of 5,890 pages (PDF version).
The supplements and a selection of the correction items are:
- Supplement 189: Advanced Blending Presentation State Storage
- Supplement 190: Volume Rendering Volumetric Presentation States
- Supplement 191: Patient Radiation Dose Structured Report (P-RDSR)
- Supplement 197: Ophthalmic Optical Coherence Tomography for Angiographic Imaging Storage SOP Classes
- CP 1625: Define Conformance for an All-SOP-Class Storage Server
- CP 1645: Add Unassigned Shared and Per-Frame Converted Attributes functional groups to Parametric Map
- CP 1649: Clarify use of Other Patient IDs Sequence with Issuer and related Attributes as Query keys
- CP 1666: Add Observation DateTime to Acquisition Context
The complete list of correction items incorporated and an overview of the changes to the existing 20 (18) parts of the DICOM standard can be found in the official release notes. Details on the changes from the previous edition are shown highlighted in the files with the word “changes” in the filename, which are also referenced on David Clunie’s “DICOM Standard Status” page.
As always, we have updated the DCMTK for the latest changes to the DICOM standard. That means, the data dictionary, the list of SOP Class and Transfer Syntax UIDs are again up-to-date, i.e. conform to the current status of the standard text. Also the list of known Structured Reporting (SR) document and Presentation State (PR) types in the “dcmsr” module has been extended accordingly.